Columbus United Soccer ClubCoaching Information
Come and Coach With Us Today
Coach With Us
The Columbus Soccer Organization is currently looking for coaches for our upcoming seasons. CSO is looking for coaches for both our 2018 fall recreation season and our 2018/2019 competitive season. If you are interested in coaching this season please contact CSO Director Tom Velek at 662-386-7392 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Free coaching development for all coaches
-No experience required
-New coaches welcome
-Coaching stipend paid for competitive level head coaches
All coaches must complete annual background checks as required by USYS and/or USClub. All coaches must complete all basic requirements for USClub to coach a United competitive or intermediate level team. These costs will be reimbursed by the club.
All United head coaches must hold or be currently working towards their USSF D license or United Soccer Coaches National Diploma.
United with reimburse the coach for the cost of the course once they have successfully completed the course and coached for United for 1 year (or the current year if they are completing during that timeframe.)
United is currently working to cover travel and per diem costs associated with these diplomas.
All assistant coaches must hold the USSF Grassroots module in the appropriate age group or United Coaching equivalent. Requests for reimbursement will be considered at the end of the coaching year on a case by case basis and as the budget allows.
Assistant coaches are required to complete the Columbus United Coaching Development sessions (offered annually)
For All Coaches
Columbus United is a part of Columbus United Soccer Organization. CSO is a non-profit corporation. As such, unreimbursed expenses connected to work for CSO are typically tax deductible. This includes mileage to and from training, competition, etc. Upon request CSO can provide confirmation of these items to coaches and other volunteers. (The preceding statement should not be interpreted as CSO offering tax advice. Always consult a tax professional prior to making tax decisions.)
United Competitive Coaches
Head Coach: $500 coaching stipend, child (if any) registration paid for, free United coaching development, national coaching development fees paid. All US Club fees paid
Assistant Coach: Free United coaching development; national coaching development fees paid & all US Club fees paid as budget allows.
Coaching Development Sessions
Columbus United Coaching Development
All coaches are required to complete the following four sessions:
1. Player Development and Columbus United Standards Session
· Cost $0, food will be provided, per diem may be paid depending on budget
· Time required-approximately 5 hours in a single day
2. College match analysis workshop
· Cost $0, food will not be required for this, per diem may be paid depending on budget
· Time required—approximately 2 hours
*Any coach new in the spring will have to complete #1 above at a make-up session and #2 in the context of a high school or 11 v. 11 club match.
3. Training Session Evaluation
· The DOC and an additional United coach will attend a sample training session of the team the coach is coaching. The coach and the two evaluators will discuss the session.
· Cost $0
· Time required-approximately 2 hours
4. Team Match Evaluation
· The DOC and an additional United coach will attend a match of the team the coach is coaching. The three individuals will evaluate the match and discuss how it may influence future training in line with the principles of training efficiency.
· Cost $0
· Time required—dependent on length of match.